Trainee (Meetings) Secretary
The post for Trainee (Meetings) Secretary will open for applicants in 2018, if anyone is interested in applying and would like some further information please contact BIA@hartleytaylor.co.uk
Trainee (Meetings) Secretary
The Trainee (Meetings) secretary is a member of the Association’s Council
It is the responsibility of the Trainee (Meetings) Secretary to:
- Organise two, one day, trainee meetings a year. Traditionally, the Spring Meeting immediately precedes the AGM and is held in London the Autumn Meeting usually follows on from FIS and has been held at various locations. Substantial support is provided by BIA’s Secretariat, who will assist with finding and booking venues and travel arrangement with the speakers.
- Approach potential speakers and invite them to speak at the meetings.
- Advertise the case presentation competition that has been held at each meeting, to trainees.
- Be a full member of at least one professional committee. Currently the Trainee (Meetings) Secretary is a member of the Infection Training Workforce and Deliverability group. They will also provide cover, if possible, for the other BIA trainee secretaries, if they cannot attend any of the professional committees that are nominated to attend.
As a full member of Council, the Trainee (Meetings) Secretary is expected to attend Council meetings when possible.
The Trainee (Meetings) Secretary is elected by the membership for a two year term of office, and as such should have at least 2 years before their CCT date when elected.
Update from the Trainee Association of ESCMID - August 2017
1. From TAE we have performed a survey focused on supervision, mentorship and management. If you have time, please, complete it. It will take only 5 min, have a look to the link and help us to understand the way you feel your residency: https://www.soscisurvey.de/TAE_Survey2017/
2. The application period for ESCMID research grants 2018 is now open! These grants may help young outstanding investigators pursue ground-breaking research in the fields of clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. For more information see ESCMID website: https://www.escmid.org/profe…/awards_grants/research_grants/
3. TAE Awards 2018: The call for TAE Award for Training Achievements is now open. The TAE Award for Training Achievements is intended to recognize and reward outstanding trainees in clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. Nominees for 2018 will be accepted until 11 October 2017, 12.00h CET. Please see our website for more information: https://www.escmid.org/profession_career/awards_grants/tae_awards_for_training_achievements/
4. Only a few places left to attend the ESGAP/TAE course on Antibiotic Therapy in Practice (Madrid 2-4 November 2017). If you are interested in you can find more information in the flyer or following website: https://escmid.pulselinks.com/event/12633
5. If your are interesting in being the contact person between the TAE and the trainees of your country, please, don’t hesitate to contact Luis Eduardo LopezCortes at email@example.com
You can also follow us by Twitter (@TAEscmid) and Facebook (@ESCMID.TAE).
ESCMID Trainee Association Survey
The Trainee Association of ESCMID (TAE) steering committee has launched a new survey that aims to explore the experience of trainees and young medical specialists on supervision, mentorship and management.
The survey should take around 10 minutes to complete. Your input is much appreciated.