Manpower & Training
Manpower and Training Secretary: Dr Bridget Atkins.
- To monitor and advise on workforce issues at trainee and consultant level.
- To support BIA training and teaching events and opportunities for trainees in all the infection specialities
- To provide leadership for the BIA education subcommittee
BIA Education Sub-Committee (ESC).
- Chair: Manpower and Training Secretary - Dr Bridget Atkins (Oxford)
- BIA trainee council reps
- Meetings - Dr Francesca Knapper (Bristol)
- Communications - Dr Ed Moseley (Bristol)
- Professional - Dr Dinesh Aggarwal (London)
- Learn Infection lead - Dr Bethany Davies (Brighton & Sussex)
- NITCAR representative - Dr Susanne Hodgson (Oxford)
- BIA Junior Doctor representative - Dr Amy Carson (Bristol)
This committee was set up in 2018 with the following aims:
- To strengthen teaching and training opportunities for trainees in all the infection specialities.
- To re-introduce a ‘ Learn Infection’ teaching tool for trainees with the aim of incorporating this into free resources for BIA members.
- To co-ordinate BIA support for the National Infection Trainee Collaborative for Audit and Research (NITCAR)
- To provide professional support for the BIA trainee meeting representative.
- To advise council about educational issues
If trainees wish to raise issues or suggestions via this committee please do via the BIA trainee representatives
Learn Infection is an online resource for trainees in all infection specialties. Our question bank covers all areas of infection medicine, with explanations and links to key references. These are ideal for new trainees, those preparing for new jobs, or as revision for the CICE or the FRCPath part 2 exams.
BIA Financial Grants Available to Trainees
The BIA has a number of travel grants and other awards for trainees. All trainee members should consider applying at some stage in their career. For more details click here.