The British Infection Association is keen for its membership to get involved in infection-related research, education programmes, and local or national policy initiatives.
Here are a number of opportunities to "Get involved".
- Clinical Infection in Practice is looking for Associate Editors to review manage around 4 or 5 papes each year. Enthusiastic consultants, trainees in the infection specialties and other professionals with an interest in infection (e.g. infection control nurses, pharmacists) are welcome to express an interest to Martin Wiselka (editor) via email@example.com with "CLIP" in the subject line.
- BIA Scientific Advisory Committee - this committee is looking for a senior non-academic NHS clinician member (doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other patient-facing specialty) with an interest in research to ensure a clinical perspective. They should be willing to review grant applications up to 4 times a year and help with reviewing abstracts for BIA meetings and FIS, all of which is managed via virtual meetings and by email. The aim is for them to provide a strong clinical perspective so that the research that BIA supports has clear patient benefits and promotes the development of future leaders in clinical infection research. Express your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with "BIA SAC" in the subject line.
- NITCAR - the National Infection Trainee Collaborative for Audit and Research (NITCAR) is a national network of Infection trainees working together on national projects. They have produced a number of publications and the project currently being recruited to is available on the NITCAR page.
- Consultations - the BIA is frequently asked to provide expert opinion to NHS, governmental, and other bodies. Consultations open to submissions are listed on the consultations page.
- Your next publication - submit your next case report, series or research to one of the BIA journals: Clinical Infection in Practice, and the Journal of Infection.
- LearnInfection - the BIA education resource for trainees is looking for content creators.