The postponement of the BIA Spring Meeting and AGM also resulted in the 2020 council elections being put on hold, with current post holders agreeing to stay in those posts up for renewal until elections could be held.
Please click to read the President's Letter for full details
The Council is once again seeking nominations for the following positions:
Vacancies (demitting post-holders)
- Meetings Secretary (Dr Hiten Thaker)
- Scientific and Research Secretary (Dr Chris Chiu)
- Clinical Services Secretary (ID) (Dr Jo Herman & Dr Anna Checkley)
- Clinical Services Secretary (Microbiology & Virology) (Dr Natasha Ratnaraja)
- Training Grade Member (Meetings) (Dr Farnaz Dave)
- Training Grade Member (Professional Affairs) (interim holders Dr Dinesh Aggarwal & Dr Fergus Hamilton)
Role descriptions can be found here.
Nominations are being made online, please visit https://nom.ukevote.uk/bia to register as a candidate or to support a nomination. Nominations close 5pm on Tuesday 25th August.
· Nominations close – Tuesday 25th August
· Voting Opens – Tuesday 1st September
· Voting Closes – Tuesday 22nd September
· Results Announced at virtual AGM – Tuesday 29th September