The email discussion list is open to both members and non-members. It is intended for microbiologists and infectious disease clinicians to discuss all aspects of the practice of clinical microbiology and infection, including management, health policy, and employment issues.
It is open to anyone with a genuine interest in infection including infection control nurses.
Joining the List
To join, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose of this is to ensure that only bona-fide persons can join the list and so enable the list to avoid spam. This form will be emailed to the list managers who will decide whether or not to approve your joining the list. You will then be joined to the list (or informed why this was not possible).
How it Works
Having joined the list, you use it as follows:
- to post a message to the list, send an email to BIAemail@example.com
- your message is then sent by email to everyone else on the list
- any replies to your message are sent to you and everyone else on the list
- to reply to a message, simply reply to the email in the usual way
Leaving the List
To leave the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'unsubscribe e-list' (without quotation marks) in the body of the email.
This list is not moderated. Once you send your email, it will be sent to all members of the list and cannot be stopped! Therefore, please be careful what you write. It is all too easy in the heat of the moment to send something you regret the second it has gone. The golden rule is not to write anything you would not want a wide audience to see. You can always send personal email to someone on the list rather than posting messages to the entire list.
Commercial Email (spam)
We do not tolerate unsolicited commercial email (spam). List members who advertise their services or products will be politely asked to desist. Failure to do so will result in removal from the list.
Please do make use of the list. We strongly encourage members and others to join and contribute to it, as a means of exchanging information and fostering a sense of community.
If you have any comments or questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
By subscribing to the BIA e-list, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
- BIA e-list is provided as a service and a resource to the e-list members by BIA.
- The purpose of this list is to provide a forum for discussion of matters relating to the management of infections in clinical practice.
- You will not use the BIA e-list for any commercial purposes or commercially exploit any of the information propagated by the BIA e-list.
- You will not use the list to send "Spam"/ "Junk Mail" or any harmful content such as viruses and malware to other subscribers.
- You will not post any material that might be considered unlawful, fraudulent, harassing, defamatory, abusive, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, racially, sexually or otherwise discriminatory, offensive or inaccurate.
- You will identify yourself as the source of any submissions you make. You alone are responsible for the content you submit and any consequences.
- BIA is not responsible for the accuracy of information submitted to the BIA e-list. Information submitted is the opinion of the posting subscribers themselves and may not represent the official position of the association.