NICE guideline on Lyme disease
The final scope and equality impact assessment for this NICE guideline have now been published, along with all the stakeholder comments that were received during consultation and our responses to these comments. Expected publication date: June 2018.
UK Malaria Treatment Guidelines 2016
These guidelines were published in the Journal of Infection in May 2016. See Published Guidelines page to access.
UK Meningitis Guidelines
Fiona McGill (University of Liverpool) and her colleagues have successfully completed the new multi-agency UK Meningitis Guidelines, which are now available from the Published Guidelines page.
Draft guideline on antimicrobial stewardship - changing risk-related behaviours in the general population
Consultation on this draft guideline has now closed.
Anticipated publication date: TBC
BIA has recently had significant involvement in the production of the following Guidelines:
BIA is a respondent to all infection related consultations conducted by NICE. We also supply experts to sit on relevant Committees associated with such guidelines.
- Seronegative arthritides
- Drug allergies
- Antibiotics in neonatal infections (Quality Standard)
- Hepatitis B
- Urinary tract infection in children Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis
- Standardised Microbiology Investigations and Syndromic Algorithms (various consultations for SMI Working Groups)
- EPIC 3
Guidelines Currently In Preparation
- Bone & Joint Infections Guidelines (Infection Prevention & Control)
- Toxigenic Staphylococcal Infections
- DH MRSA Screening Policy
- Norovirus Guidelines due for review in 2016
BIA has also met with BSAC, HIS and IPS and agreed to work together on NICE accredited revised MRSA guidelines with a view to establishing a permanent NICE accredited guidelines production system.