UCL Research Methods Course
Research Methods Course
Monday 10 September–Thursday 13 September, 2018, University College London
The Institute for Global Health are thrilled to advertise their annual Research Methods Course which is run primarily by members of the Centre for Clinical Research in Infection and Sexual Health, and the Centre for Population Research in Sexual Health and HIV, and is taught by leading researchers from University College London.
This intensive course is designed for doctors, nurses, researchers and anyone else with an interest in Sexual Health, HIV, Infectious Diseases and other medical specialties wishing to develop their research skills. Prior experience in research and statistics is an advantage but not essential.
The course aims to teach the following:
· The principles of formulating a research question and designing a project
· Qualitative, quantitative, bio-statistical and epidemiological research methods
· A practical guide to research governance, ethical approval and good practice in research
· How to critically appraise scientific literature
· Presenting at conferences and getting scientific papers published