Research Methods Course, UCL
Research Methods Course
(Monday 18 September–Thursday 21 September, 2017, Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, University College London)
The Department of Infection and Population Health are thrilled to advertise their annual Research Methods Course which is run by The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research and is taught by leading researchers from University College London.
This intensive course is designed for doctors, nurses, researchers and anyone else with an interest in Sexual Health, HIV, Infectious Diseases and other medical specialties wishing to develop their research skills. Prior experience in research and statistics is an advantage but not essential.
The course aims to teach the following:
· The principles of formulating a research question and designing a project
· Qualitative, quantitative, bio-statistical and epidemiological research methods
· A practical guide to research governance, ethical approval and good practice in research
· How to critically appraise scientific literature
· Presenting at conferences and getting scientific papers published
To register an interest, please email Lydia Clinton<mailto:email@example.com> or see our website<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/lifelearning/courses/research-methods-hiv-sexual-health-infectious-diseases> for updates, information and course materials.