IPS Welsh Branch – South Wales Conference 2017
The Infection Prevention Society (IPS) Welsh Branch would like to invite you to attend their annual conference on Tuesday 27th June 2017 at Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel. This event is FREE for all IPS members and non-members to attend.
Programme highlights to include:
- How to manipulate friends and influence people: DR. Mike Simmons, Consultant in Public Health Microbiology, Hywel Dda Health Board
- The ABMU approach to addressing Antimicrobial Resistance in the health Board: Avril Tucker, Primary Care Antimicrobial Pharmacist, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
- Decision making – Intravenous Access Devices: Meinir Elen Hughes, Intravenous Access Nurse Specialist, Velindre Cancer Centre
- To Dip Or Not To dip – Improving the management of UTIs in care home residents in Bath and North East Somerset: Elizabeth Beech, Prescribing Advisor, NHS Bath and North East Somerset CCG
- UTIs: Prevention and management: Ann Yates, Director of Continence Services, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
- I-hydrate project: Dr Jennie Wilson, Associate Professor, University of West London
- STOP campaign/Care Bundles: Mike Fealey, Head of Patient Safety, Public health Wales
To view the full programme, visit: www.ips.uk.net/event/ips-welsh-branch-south-wales-conference-2017
This event will be of particular interest to any nurse or healthcare worker where Infection Prevention and Control is key within their role or setting e.g. primary, secondary or independent care.
As well as a varied programme there will also be an exhibition with a wide variety of companies for you to visit and hear about new and innovative products to the market. This event not only offers sessions to visit but the refreshment breaks are an ideal opportunity for you to socialise with like-minded colleagues and discuss the issues you face on a daily basis.