Infection Today 2018 - IPS West Midlands Branch Conference
Delegate registration is now open for Infection Today Conference 2018
IPS West Midlands Branch is holding a one day conference in association with West Midlands Regional Infection Prevention Group and supported by Public Health England (PHE) which will be taking place on Wednesday 11th July at Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton.
The conference will be of interest to Infection Control Nurses, Trainee Microbiologists, Microbiologists, Clinical Scientists, Infectious Diseases Physicians, GP’s, Clinicians, Pharmacists, PHE Staff, Quality & Patient Safety Leads, Medical and Nursing Training Leads, Health Improvement Specialists in Local Authorities, plus other professionals working within this field.
CPD accreditation is being applied for.
Please note: *Free registration is offered to 90 IPS members and West Midlands Regional Infection Prevention Group members on a first-come-first-served basis. The charge for non-members is £30, and members who miss out on the free places can still register to attend at the non-member rate of £30.
Programme highlights include:
- IPS Competencies: Joanna Peasland, Nurse Consultant Birmingham Community and Kerry Holden, Senior IPN University Hospitals Birmingham
- Collaborative Approach to Influenza: Mark Beddow, Senior IPN, Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust and Claire Hayward, Senior IPN, Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- Environmental Pathogens and Decontamination: Martin Keirnan, Clinical Director, GAMA Healthcare Ltd
- Reducing Gram Negative Bacteraemias - Is this Possible?: Dr Abid Hussain, Consultant microbiologist, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- The Blood Culture Pathway - Getting it Right: Dr Mike Weinbren, Consultant Microbiologist, King’s Mill NHS Foundation Trust
- Antibiotic Allergy and Barriers to Stewardship: Rashmeet Bhogal, Lead Pharmacist Anti-infectives, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Using Surveillance Data to Address Gram Negative Infections: Dr Richard Puleston, Consultant Epidemiologist, Public Health England, and Honorary Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Das Pillay Lecture - Whole Genome Sequencing
Registration website: https://www.ips.uk.net/event/west-midlands-branch-conference-infection-today-2018/