Manpower & Training
Manpower and Training Secretary: Dr Bridget Atkins.
- To monitor and advise on workforce issues at trainee and consultant level.
- To support BIA training and teaching events and opportunities for trainees in all the infection specialities
- To provide leadership for the BIA education subcommittee
BIA Education Sub-Committee (ESC).
- Chair: Manpower and Training Secretary - Dr Bridget Atkins (Oxford)
- President of BIA - Prof Martin Llewelyn (Brighton & Sussex)
- BIA trainee council reps
- Meetings - Dr Farnaz Dave (Manchester)
- Newsletter - Dr Naomi Meardon (Sheffield)
- Professional - Dr Dinesh Aggarwal (London) / Dr Fergus Hamilton (Bristol)
- Learn Infection lead - Dr Bethany Davies (Brighton & Sussex)
- NITCAR representative - Dr Jordan Skittrall (Cambridge)
- BIA Junior Doctor representative - position vacant see here for more details
This committee was set up in 2018 with the following aims:
- To strengthen teaching and training opportunities for trainees in all the infection specialities.
- To re-introduce a ‘ Learn Infection’ teaching tool for trainees with the aim of incorporating this into free resources for BIA members.
- To co-ordinate BIA support for the National Infection Trainee Collaborative for Audit and Research (NITCAR)
- To provide professional support for the BIA trainee meeting representative.
- To advise council about educational issues
If trainees wish to raise issues or suggestions via this committee please do via the BIA trainee representatives
BIA Financial Grants Available to Trainees
The BIA has a number of travel grants and other awards for trainees. All trainee members should consider applying at some stage in their career. For more details click here.